I was nominated by Megan over at The Cozied Reader, and I couldn’t be more flattered. The award is a way to recognize positivity and joy, and Megan’s blog certainly does that for me as well. Make sure to check out some of her great bookish posts.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you (link back to their blog).
- Answer the 11 questions they asked.
- Nominate 11 blogs and ask them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Award Logo on your post.
Cozied Reader’s Questions
If you could only recommend one book for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?
What a tough first question! It’s hard because I have different recommendations depending on the situation requested. However, I would have to go with Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson. Not only is it a great introduction to Sanderson’s amazing works, but it is a great introduction to the fantasy genre. It is (currently) a standalone novel so no multiple books to worry about. It has multiple main characters, including women, all multi-dimensional. It has a new and interesting magic system (Sanderson’s thing) and a pantheon!
What’s the book that got you into reading?
Dragons of Autumn Twilight by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman and Firedrake by Richard Knaak. Sure, I read as a kid, a lot of Disney and Goosebumps books. But there was no YA section back in my time, so I fell out of love a little with reading. Someone introduced me to these two fantasy series, and there was no going back. I was a fantasy fanatic.
What’s your favorite book-to-movie or book-to-television show adaptation?
Probably Lord of the Rings. The book is such an amazing feat, and they managed to not only not screw it up but to make it better in some ways.
What trope do you love/hate the most?
Honestly, there isn’t one that I really love or hate. It depends on the writer and how it is incorporated into the book. The love triangle is typically overused and overwrought, but it makes for more conflict and interest in a book, so I am okay with that one as well.
What was your last DNF book? Why didn’t you finish it?
Furyborn by Claire Legrand. I wasn’t crazy about the style of storytelling or the characters, and I stopped around 10%. I might write a post on it like I did with the Red Queen series. It has also inspired a new post I want to make regarding the pressure to read certain books.
If you could meet any character, alive or dead, who would it be?
Gandalf. He’s the freaking White Wizard!
Do you have any pets? If not, what kind of pet would want to get?
We currently have an English Bulldog named Gimli. He is almost 8-years-old.
What is the most adventurous thing you have ever done?
Moving halfway across the country, away from nearly my entire family. I lived in the same area for 25 years, then I took the leap. All for love. It paid off though (we are married almost 7 years now with 2 kids)!
What’s your favorite movie?
Lord of the Rings (I am sensing a theme here)
What are your hobbies (outside of reading/blogging)?
I enjoy gaming and crafting. I play World of Warcraft (how I met the hubby), lots of other MMO’s and Blizzard games, Stardew Valley, Mario, etc. I do all sorts of crafts, and I love to try new things. I mostly do cross stitch now, but I have dabbled in too many different types to name. Way back when I tried chronicling it in a blog.
What are three things that most people don’t know about you?
I’ll go all serious for you in this one. I’d love to open the lines of communication on some of these things.
- I say I am a writer, but I am terrified to write (usually) for fear of failure.
- I have Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis, an autoimmune disease where my body attacks my thyroid gland. I suffered for a long time with misdiagnoses.
- I suffered from PPD, likely with both of my boys, though I didn’t think so at the time.
These blogs have some great content you should check out. They write with passion about their topics and are truly inspirational figures in the book blogging community.
Questions for Nominees
Here are the questions I would love to see answered if you want to participate.
- Who’s your favorite author?
- What book would you love to see as a television show?
- If you could only eat one type of cuisine (American, French, Mexican, etc.) for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What is your favorite blog post that you wrote?
- Which book character would you want to be for a day?
- What is something you would want to be famous for?
- Is there a book you would love to see “remade” like we do for movies?
- What would your superpower be?
- If you could get an ARC of your choice, which would you pick? It can be one that hasn’t even been announced yet!
- If you could have dinner with three famous people, alive or dead, who would they be?
- Got any plans for the weekend?